Information for international students
The staff at AIHE understand that as international students living away from home you require specialised support and services. The Student Support Officer will assist you with your enquiries and and for further information about the support AIHE provides international students please click HERE. It is very important that you arrange your travel so that you can attend the Orientation session which will be held in the week prior to the commencement of classes.
Before the commencement of each semester an orientation program will be held on campus to help familiarise international students with the AIHE’s expectations, rules and facilities, and introduce the social and cultural norms that international students need to be aware of while in Australia. The orientation program will provide information about:
- support services available to assist international students to help them adjust to study and life in Australia;
- English language and study assistance programs;
- any relevant legal services;
- emergency and health services;
- AIHE’s facilities and resources;
- complaints and appeals processes;
- requirements for course attendance and progress;
- the support services available to assist international students with general or personal circumstances that are adversely affecting their education in Australia; and
- services international students can access for information on their employment rights and conditions, and how to resolve workplace issues, such as through the Fair Work Ombudsman.
AIHE will also provide international students with:
- advice about actions they can take to enhance their personal security and safety;
- information about how to seek assistance for, and report, an incident that significantly impacts on their wellbeing, including critical incidents; and
- general information, on safety and awareness relevant to life in Australia, such as beach safety and the etiquette and laws concerning smoking in Australia, on finding accommodation, such as your rights and responsibilities, or will refer students to such general information (including electronically).
If you have a query please email the Student Support Officer at email@example.com.